Thursday, March 10, 2011

The wall or the lifeguard?

Had this pt say to me yesterday.
About pool therapy.
She was very scared to be in the water.

"You and the wall were my savior."
Sweet right.
She was saying that the wall and I made it more comfortable for her to be in the water. She felt safe and secure with the wall and with me there.

But wrong.
I was her savior. The wall wouldn't move to go get her. If she got detached from the wall she would have no hope but her self. She would die (she can't swim)

But me. I would dive in and go to her and get her.

This is the difference in a savior that is really no savior at all. An idol that we think is our security and life line that really will abandon us if we loose it, or disappoint it.

But Jesus is not that kind of savior. Jesus came into our existence (the pool in the analogy) and can, will, and did pull us out.

Men, Jesus is your savior because he came to get you. wow.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Awesome reflection.